[OSM-talk] Problems with the wiki (was "Why OSM and not another collaborative mapping service?")

jgpacker john.packer7 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 01:30:04 UTC 2015

Warning: The email below is a rant. If you don't want to get stressed, don't
read it.

Like SomeoneElse, I'm not too happy with the state of the wiki right now.
Right now in the wiki, there is an elephant in the room...

He is actively editing the wiki for close to an year, has strong opinions
and apparently lots of free time, regularly engages in edit wars, and has an
history of issues collaborating with the community (inside wiki or not).

Verdy_p and Tordanik communicate well (and I agree with them) about the
latest issues on the wiki in his talk page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User_talk:Xxzme#Mass_category_changes
(this and the next section)

I'm sure the wiki admin (Harry Wood) is a busy person, but I would be
grateful if these issues could be brought to a quicker resolution. The
current circumstances have already lead a few wiki users to leave the wiki.

John