[OSM-talk] Problems with the wiki (was "Why OSM and not another collaborative mapping service?")

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri May 8 23:14:36 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> I think that interacting with so many members of the community on such a
> scale as Xxzme does is at least *difficult* and prone to more friction
> if all you're willing to give away is a user name. It's harder to be
> part of a community that way.

It is very difficult to make large scale edits without friction.  It is
difficult to make valuable cleanup efforts,
in part because even an overwhelmingly positive effort can be objected to
by one loud person.  This
applies to wiki, tag cleanup and more.

That said Xxzme does not appear to try to work in community at all.