[OSM-talk] Please ban Xxzme in wiki

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon May 11 07:54:16 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 05/11/2015 03:07 AM, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
> Of the dozens of people interacting with Xxzme, none had the authority
> or position to issue such a *recent, clear and unequivocal warning*.

What exactly constitutes a warning matching these three adjectives, or
whether a warning needs to match them in the first place, is certainly
subject to discussion.

But I would say that having been banned once for a month already is
clearly some indication that one is not expected to continue where one
left off after the ban is over, or turning it the other way, is clearly
a strong hint that if you continue you'll be banned again.

> I expect to see Xxzme back under a different username soon.

This is not going to be a problem I think. Xxzme is not a hard-to-detect
vandal who changes the direction of oneway streets. If he pops up under
another user name and continues his past behaviour he will immediately
be found out and banned without further ado; if on the other hand, he
pops up under another name and makes useful edits without intimidating
others so that we don't even notice it is the same person, then he's
totally welcome!

Bye
Frederik