[OSM-talk] Can wikidata links help fight name inflation?

Janko Mihelić janjko at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:27:57 UTC 2015

čet, 28. svi 2015. 00:11 David Cuenca Tudela <dacuetu at gmail.com> je napisao:

It would be great to have a dedicated wikibase install just for geographic
names, like GeoNames but part of openstreetmap.

Such database can be linked to Wikidata and then you can also have items
for every geographic object.

I guess it is hard to make it happen, otherwise it would be done already.

  I don't think it's that hard. Wikibase is just an addon for mediawiki, it
shouldn't be that complicated to install.

We could use that database for objects that aren't notable enough for
Wikidata. They would get a tag OSMData=Q25446 or something like that.

Janko