[OSM-talk] Can wikidata links help fight name inflation?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat May 30 12:22:27 UTC 2015

> Am 29.05.2015 um 13:58 schrieb moltonel 3x Combo <moltonel at gmail.com>:
>
> That's really neat. How do you know wether a street is signposted or
> not ? I don't know of any tag that gives that info.

there are ~600 visible_name
37000 unsigned_ref
518 unsigned
400 signed
161 name:signed
124 name:sign
86 ref:signed
48 unsigned_name
47 ref:unsigned
16 name:signposted

I haven't checked on which kind of objects or which do not refer to highways or names
Very likely I also missed some variants

It seems that for names nobody cares to say whether they are signposted or not (or maybe only when the sign is different from the actual name), while for ref it seems common practice(?) to use unsigned_ref

cheers
Martin