[OSM-talk] Release openstreetmap-carto v2.36.0

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 11:17:06 UTC 2015

> On 2015-11-02 11:26, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

>> The second issue is that the value part of the KVP is redundant - the
>> presence of the key is enough.
>>

> not if you consider values like "no" and "only".
>

> The "no" would be indicated by the absence of the tag (we are not going to
> add a sells:*=no for everything it doesn't sell, are we?)
> The "only" would be indicated by the absence of any other sells:*=* tag

that's the difference between explicit and implicit mapping. If you are
explicit, you know that it should be like that, if you rely on the absence
of information / tags you might fall on your nose because the data wasn't
complete etc.
For some stuff it might sense to use the "no" to avoid misinterpretations
by wrong asumptions, e.g. shop=tobacco, sells:cigarettes=yes,
sells:cigarette_tobacco=no
or highway=motorway_link, oneway=no.

also: sells:vegetables=only
sells:cabbage=yes