[OSM-talk] Release openstreetmap-carto v2.36.0

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:47:31 UTC 2015

>> El 1/11/2015, a las 9:39, Max <abonnements at revolwear.com> escribió:
>>
>>> On 2015년 11월 01일 20:51, Richard wrote:
>>> not long ago (maybe even today?) pharmacies  were not only selling goods but
>>> also producing many kinds of ointments and possibly other things as ordered
>>> by the prescribing physician.
>>>
>>> So "shop" would be a too narrow definition.
>>
>> With that argument you should also change stuff like shop=florist,
>> because they aren't just selling the flowers they buy in bulk, they
>> actually make arrangements and bouquets and stuff...
>
> Okay everyone...
>
> The renderer should render the tags people actually use. amenity=pharmacy is used 1000 times more than other options, so osm-carto is doing the right thing by using that one and only that one.

It seems my message has been ignored so I'm bumping it again.

This thread is called "Release openstreetmap-carto v2.36.0". The map
style is doing the right thing with respect to pharmacies (renders
most used tag). Nothing else to discuss here. If you disagree with
amenity=pharmacy being the correct tag, take it to another thread.
It's basic mailing list netiquette.

--
Nicolás