[OSM-talk] Improved new Icon set for Open Street map

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Mon Nov 2 17:52:44 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-11-02 at 22:53 +0600, Nasir Khan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a big fan of Open Street Map. I used this for may of my web
> application projects.
>
> One thing i faced every time and asked from many that, is there a way
> to improve the icon set to make the map more attractive. I really
> feel that we all should look at this issue and make a plan to improve
> this user experience. If you compare the OSM with the Google map
> icons, then you can say that the Google Map is way more ahead that
> the OSM.
>
> I am not sure if it is right forum to discuss this issue. Please help
> me if i posted in the wrong mailing list. Any one can tell me if it
> is already in the roadmap or not? If it is not, then i think we can
> start the discussion right away. We can team up with some other
> platforms like The Noun Project (https://thenounproject.com/) or some
> one else or do something else.

This mailing list is the right place to discuss openstreetmap, it would
be wrong to expect mappers to sign up for an a 3rd pary site to discuss
openstreetmap.

As for your comment, I would say you are wrong, OSM is way ahead of
google in terms icons and map style. Most places are almost devoid of
mapped icons on google maps.

Phil (trigpoint)