[OSM-talk] Rendering idiosyncrasies

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Mon Nov 2 19:20:45 UTC 2015

Well, I've learnt something new today.

Never knew wood recognised the layer tag. Is this a recent development
or has the wood's icon layer made it obvious?

As I'm unfamiliar with this language & the non existent formatting make
it illegible could you tell me if this applies to all areas?
Unfortunately it doesn't apply when over certain ways:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/51.38652/-2.34895

Thanks for your help
Dave F.

On 02/11/2015 17:49, Ed Loach wrote:
> Dave commented:
>> I genuinely can't work out if that's said as a joke.
> Take for example landcover-low-zoom layer
>
> https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/blob/master/project.mml#L103
>
> Ordered by layer (if present, else assume layer=0) then by way_area
>
> Ed

---