[OSM-talk] Proposed Collective Database Guideline (was Meta-Data Guideline)

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Nov 5 12:19:45 UTC 2015

Am 05.11.2015 um 11:22 schrieb Martin Koppenhoefer:

> are we going to define "geometry type", "primary feature data" and
> "primary map feature"? E.g. is a "multiline string" or a "group of
> nodes" a geometry type?
> What is a "property" and how is it different to a "primary map
> feature" or "primary feature data"?

Essentially I would view the references in the guideline as real world
features and their properties given that the OSM data model allows for
lots of ways a feature can be modelled, instead of trying to define this
via the technical realisation, and particularly not try to map them to
elements that don't exist in the OSM data model ("multiline string").

> Does this distinction depend on the way I use the data? And finally:
> will the active contributors be voting on the guidelines?

Why would a vote be necessary?

Simon