[OSM-talk] Why newbies' comment/message response rate is so low?

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Sat Nov 14 18:54:06 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 03:04:41PM +0100, MichaƂ Brzozowski wrote:
> I watch what new users do, reviewing their work and I am kind of fed
> up with how rarely newbies respond to changeset comments and messages.
> Have you observed such low rate in your area?
> Is there anything we could do in order to increase it? I feel it's so
> futile to ever contact these hit-and-run mappers. Maybe we could take
> something from vast existing knowledge on online marketing/UX and see
> what can be improved?

My experience is that old-timers are much harder to communicate with.

Newbies are mostly really happy to find somebody communicating
and telling them about better and more tools to find stuff and how
stuff works.

Oldtimers tend to tell "i have been doing this and that for xyz years
it cant be wrong and i know better for shure" - Old habits are
difficult to get rid of.

Flo
      We need to self-defend - GnuPG/PGP enable your email today!