[OSM-talk] Why newbies' comment/message response rate is so low?

Marc Zoutendijk marczoutendijk at mac.com
Sat Nov 14 22:15:35 UTC 2015

> Op 14 nov. 2015, om 20:49 heeft Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us> het volgende geschreven:
>
> I like that concept. I try to invite new users are in the geographic area of our meetup group. If I think they need a helpful hint I add it to the welcome message. I'd really like to automate the process. Is there a way to automate sending messages to all new users or do you have to send each on individually?

Given the number of weekly new mappers (around 10-12) it’s easy to send them the message individually. I have prepared a basic text that’s being used. I always check what the first edits are, and based on that I sometimes add a more personal note to help them out if it looks they got stuck or if they really messed things up.

I’ll start doing some statiscal research to see what number of mappers are really returning mappers. But this makes only sense after a few more months. I also noted that some of those mappers have registered themselves months (even years) ago before they start mapping.

Marc.