[OSM-talk] A message to our friends at HOT, Peace Corps etc. about Changeset Comments

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Thu Nov 19 03:57:42 UTC 2015

Hi Frederik,

I fail to see how machine readable hashtags are "not useful". They allow
statistical analysis which can be used to inform future recruitment and
other activities. Often we make assumptions about OSM contributors not
backed by statistics this allows improvement in one corner of the OSM
community. Perhaps some human readable text would also be useful, but I
don't think of adding hashtag like comments as an issue.

-Kate