[OSM-talk] A message to our friends at HOT, Peace Corps etc. about Changeset Comments

Nicolás Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 10:10:54 UTC 2015

El 19 nov 2015, a las 06:54, Christian Pietzsch <christian.pietzsch at gmail.com> escribió:

>> Worse, I see many HOT changesets that have source=Bing in the
>> changeset comment instead of a separate tag.
>>
>> Although... Does iD allow setting changeset tags?
>
> The ID Editor doesn't seem to support other changeset tags.
> JOSM supports as much changeset tags as you like, but you have to know that this is possible. I only noticed the other tabs in the upload dialog recently. I always was focused on the "settings" tab where you just can input the comment and the source.

I don't think iD even has a 'source' text field.

> I like the usage of hashtags. It enables you to do better analytics but also has the potential to find the root of errors. We use hashtags in our German "Wochenaufgabe"(weekly task). If a lot of people start to map things in an uncommon way because of the weekly task it would be more easy to know where this idea came from.

Yeah, I wish the massive amount of school-adding newbies in Argentina, whose changesets are wrong more often than not, included a hashtag so that we could easily find them and clean the mess. They are coming from some sort of course that was never discussed with the OSM community. But considering how they can't communicate with us or get the students to do the basic things right (educational level in level=, own username in operator=, only name= but no amenity=school, adding school node that already existed, nodes added in a different continent... we have seen it all), I don't think they can get them to add a hashtag...

--
Nicolás