[OSM-talk] From osmf-talk: "Balancing the presence of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT US Inc) in the OpenStreetMap Foundation"

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 11:40:56 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I've enjoyed reading these emails this week, but have stayed out of the
discussion. I just wanted to clarify some quick points:

   1. I have not discussed my running for the OSMF Board with any other
   candidates
   2. I have not discussed my running for the OSMF Board with the HOT
   group. I did sent an email to the listserv [0] but got no feedback other
   than the suggestion that I send it to the public HOT list after initially
   only sending it to the Members' list
   3. I am not convinced that the answered questions uncover any HOT
   colluding
   4. I view my HOT Membership as the recognition that I previously have
   made a commitment / contribution to HOT
   5. I have no decision making powers within HOT - I am a member just as I
   am an OSMF Member
   6. I am not a member of a secret society that controls HOT from the
   shadows. I don't think such a thing exists, although I would check that
   there have been no pizza vans parked outside the OSMF HQ for a suspiciously
   long time

I look forward to the ongoing election process and am genuinely excited
about the next OSMF Board term. Hopefully I can be a part of it!

Thanks, Joseph

[0] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/hot/2015-November/010561.html