[OSM-talk] Become an OSMF member without Paypal?

Michael Reichert nakaner at gmx.net
Mon Oct 19 15:39:39 UTC 2015

Hi,

I would like to become an OSMF normal member to be entitle to vote at
the next AGM but I have a problem regarding the first payment of the
membership fee.

How can I become an OSMF normal member by paying the fee via bank
transfer instead of PayPal? [1] The signup page
(https://join.osmfoundation.org/normal-membership/) says at the bottom:
> You will be asked to transfer the membership fee via Paypal. Is
> Paypal not an option for you? Please go to our page regarding
> [alternative payment options](https://join.osmfoundation.org
> /alternative-payment-options).

If I continue with the signup form, I'll get to an PayPal page asking
for my PayPal account (or credit cad instead) which is ok if I would
want to pay via Paypal.

Now my question: How does my membership information (name, address etc.)
come to OSMF if I pay via bank transfer? I have seen a form which asks
for name and email address if I just want to pay my annual membership
fee.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FBUgLFEJsuDigHEuZ5jdsQvk6ajPjzKWAQd-hPvOVwE/viewform

Shall I send my subscription request via email because there is no
PayPal-free signup form on the web?!

From my point of view this is an usability hurdle at the signup process
and should be improved. Currently it is not clear to people like how to
become a member without an PayPal account.

I ask this question at Talk mailing list because I want the answer to be
public and because I have not subscribed OSMF-Talk yet.

Best regards

Michael
who does not buy at online shos which only offer PayPal as payment options

[1] I refuse to use PayPal because I avoid this company.