[OSM-talk] Railways yet again (was "THIS is the kind of enthusiasm some would reject")

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Sep 10 03:38:45 UTC 2015

Andy Townsend writes:
 > If there's something new to add I, as an OSM list-reading punter*, would
 > be glad to read it (perhaps on the tagging list if that's what it's
 > about) but frankly it's all getting a bit repetitive.

This time around it's: who do we encourage to contribute to OSM?
Because if railway=abandoned is the current red-headed stepchild, who
is to be the next red-headed stepchild?

Deletionists delete. It's what they do. "I didn't see it" is always a
valid reason to delete something, right? Oh, you can add it back,
saying "I went there, and I saw it," but that's exactly what I'm
saying, and a handful of people are rejecting that idea.

They will reap what they have sown.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog