[OSM-talk] Buildings on abandoned railways (via Overpass) (was: Re: THIS is the kind of enthusiasm some would reject)

John Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Mon Sep 14 01:23:03 UTC 2015

In the case of Nashville, Tennessee, an Interstate bypass, I-440, that
loops about one-third of the way around the city core, deliberately made
use of a no-longer-used railway right-of-way to reduce land purchase costs.
If anyone were to go back and map that railroad now, the entire route would
overlap the motorway.

John F. Eldredge -- john at jfeldredge.com
drive out hate; only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.