[OSM-talk] Osmic icons for JOSM

nebulon42 nebulon42 at yandex.com
Thu Sep 17 19:34:38 UTC 2015

I have created a style for JOSM that substitutes default POI icons with
icons from Osmic. The style uses most of the 149 currently available
icons from Osmic and re-uses the colour scheme used by osm.org's default
style openstreetmap-carto. What I'm trying to achieve is more visual
consistency between the individual POI icons.

I'm also trying to increase familiarity between JOSM's style and OSM's
default map style, which might be helpful when editing. Since
openstreetmap-carto also uses many of Osmic's icons making the
connection between POI features on the slippy map and in the editor
should be easier.

The project repository: https://github.com/gmgeo/osmic-josm-style

More details: https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/nebulon42/diary/35857

Your feedback is welcome.