[OSM-talk] JOSM and shapefile rendering

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 12:09:21 UTC 2015

Hi Mike,

I usually do sort of use a hack to see points from shp files.

I select all and then give them all a tag that renders so you can see
the points like place=locality.

You might need to change the key for the name field to 'name'

And of course depending on how many you have that might be too large of
an icon.

You can also create a custom mapCSS file to render them more to your
liking based on the key=values they already have.

And I am sure there is probably a better way than either of those two as
well.

Cheers
blake