[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Slack

malenki osm_ at malenki.ch
Sat Apr 2 15:52:45 UTC 2016

On Sat, 02 Apr 2016 11:52:36 +0100,
Dave F wrote:

> IRC, due to its exclusiveness does nothing to promote a "community"
> which many wish to attain.

Mainly due to IRC I met several high profile quality mappers and have a
chat with them now and then which I never would have on any other
medium.

Where else could you easily see people talk about this and that
topic, add your two cents and ask something completely different?

Even in a personal emergency IRC was the medium of choice to get nearly
immediate help from a (/the/ :)) well known London mapper.

Since you seem to have a lot of negative IRC experiences: How long and
how much did/do you use it?

regards
Thomas