[OSM-talk] [Talk-us] Old Aerodromes

Neil Pilgrim osm-talk at kepier.clara.net
Tue Apr 12 14:50:56 UTC 2016

Well, while the use of the data on the 'airport related web sites' may or
may not be valid to use, going around deleting private ones seems somewhat
counter-intuitive - why not simply mark them as private, if that
knowledge/data is open? If they do get rendered, I'm sure there are
precedents for marking public/private ones, and rendering accordingly
(parking comes to mind, but maybe also caves?).

Don't get me wrong - I know that a lot of old/stale data can be present
(particularly in US imports?), and have come across 'schools' which haven't
been so for years, for example. This seems a bit too enthusiastic deletion
though.

--
Neil