[OSM-talk] How to query Overpass to display polygons as point markers in umap?

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 23:42:57 UTC 2016

Hi,

This is a question related to Overpass and perhaps also to umap.

I'd like to get a list of all restaurants as POI and got this map:
http://umap.osm.ch/de/map/restaurants-in-und-um-rapperswil-jona_402#14/47.2266/8.8605

The poblem is, that I'd like to display *all* restaurants as point
features - including those which are tagged (and currently displayed)
as polygons.

I used this query:

  [out:json][timeout:25];
  (
    node["amenity"="restaurant"]({{bbox}});
    way["amenity"="restaurant"]({{bbox}});
    relation["amenity"="restaurant"]({{bbox}});
  );
  out body;
  >;
  out skel qt;

I know that the last line can be replaced by
  out center meta;

But it seems, that this does not work together with umap: All polygons
(restaurants) from OSM are still displayed as polygons and not as
point features.

Any suggestions?

:Stefan