[OSM-talk] Crowdfunding for OpenStreetMap in Bénin : 275km² high resolution satellite imagery for Cotonou

Mikel Maron mikel.maron at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:46:56 UTC 2016

 blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important;  padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; } >http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Gaza#Commercial_aerial_photography

Yes, we raised money to buy imagery, in the first HOT activation. Yahoo imagery only covered the southeast part of Gaza. If we had a mechanism to request imagery from providers, we certainly would have. The situation is very different today for OSM. You only need to look at the Ecuador response to see the willingness of imagery providers to help when there is a need.
Mikel

On Monday, April 25, 2016, 1:32 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

Hi,

On 04/25/2016 07:02 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> see for example http://wiki.openstreetmap.org and

Gah, broke the link -

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Gaza#Commercial_aerial_photography

Bye