[OSM-talk] Bicycle GPS traces - more opendata

moltonel moltonel at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:07:53 UTC 2016

On 27 April 2016 12:20:04 GMT+01:00, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>> so if you
>> filter out traces that go faster than ~35km/h or consistently slower
>> than ~10km/h, you should have bicycle traces.
>
>unfortunately the timestamps are not always reliable, as some people
>are manipulating them for privacy reasons (if they are prior to gps you
>can be sure ;-) ).

Yes, not all traces are usable. If I remember correctly the upload UI offers various levels of privacy-protecting transformations. Thankfully all you need to extract speed info is relative timestamps, and only the most paranoid option destroys that.

Anyway, just try filtering in your area and see what you're left with.
--
Vincent Dp