[OSM-talk] osm maps on wikipedia - discussion

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Apr 28 20:38:37 UTC 2016

Simone,
I'm not a Wikimedia user but maybe you could clarify a question for me.
Under the con's is the statement "in many cases OpenStreetMap's territorial
borders are bad or outdated" Where does this opinion come from? Please
understand that I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but it seems to be a broad
generalization.

One of the Pro arguments might be "If the map data is wrong, you can fix
it."

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 4:19 AM, Simone Cortesi <simone at cortesi.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> currently being discussed on mediawiki is the future of maps soon to
> be added to wikipedia.
>
> page:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Maps/Conversation_about_interactive_map_use
>
> talk page:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:Maps/Conversation_about_interactive_map_use
>
> I would ask you to have a look at it and respond by adding your
> opinion to the pages.
>
> It is a great chance to have your say on the maps that will be seen on
> one of the most visited websites in the world.
>
> Thank you,
> S.

@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us