[OSM-talk] osm maps on wikipedia - discussion

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 20:33:40 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 30 apr 2016, alle ore 21:45, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> ha scritto:
>
> The fact that there is an association in Italy promoting both Wikipedia
> and OSM does not make the statement "We are 100% independent" false.

I believe 99% would be more correct, as there is some intertwine between wikimedia and OSMF, as both are in the same budget (there is no separation between wikimedia Italy and osmf Italy, it's the same non-profit organization, the same budget, the same people). Indeed, if you want to become member of osmf italy you will also unavoidably become member of wikimedia (formally), how is this 100% independent?

cheers,
Martin