[OSM-talk] Beginning with contribution

Abhishek Gupta abhishekgupt34 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 06:56:18 UTC 2016

Hello,
I have recently developed great interest in OOP and want to improve my
skills in this domain. Since this project makes use of Java programming
language, I find it very exciting to become a part of the project as it
will also introduce me to the world of open source beside improving my OOP
skills.
Since I just started, I am facing several problems and would require your
prestige support:-
1. First of all, is OOP being used in the project? Can I have support the
project in a way it improves my OOP skills?
If yes,
2. What are the easiest ways to start contributing? (this is the first time
I am trying to contribute toward a open source project)

PS :-
I am third year computer science undergraduate. I have done courses in
Database Systems, Object Oriented Programming, Data Structure and
Algorithms. Will I be requiring background in anything else to get started?