[OSM-talk] Building a free/open reviews community w/ OSM support

Erik Moeller eloquence at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 20:37:25 UTC 2016

Thanks all for the helpful responses. I'll explore using the Overpass
API and its "permanent ID" feature [1] for now. I do tend to agree
with Joost that it makes sense for OSM to have a policy for external
identifiers -- even if the threshold is not one that this project can
meet yet. :)

It'll be a couple of months before I have something OSM-related to
show. If you're interested in following the project in the meantime,
here's a few links:

* GitHub repo: https://github.com/eloquence/lib.reviews
* Dev diary: https://lib.reviews/team/6bfc0390-e218-4cb7-a446-2046cb886435
* Discussion list: http://www.freelists.org/list/lib.reviews
* IRC: #lib.reviews on FreeNode (my bouncer is always online, so you
can leave me messages there)

And if you want to play with the current state and need an invite
code, give me a shout off-list.

Thanks again -> re-lurking,

Erik

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Overpass_API/Permanent_ID