[OSM-talk] How to check the historic popularity of a tag?

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Wed Aug 24 17:30:58 UTC 2016

On Wednesday 24 August 2016, Dave F wrote:

> I want to find out if a tag's usage is on the increase or decrease.
> Is there a service which provides that data?
>
> I looked at Taginfo but couldn't see any obvious way to do it.

Taginfo does not currently provide historic data but you are not the
first to ask for it:

https://github.com/joto/taginfo/issues/93

The easiest way to determine this for low volume tags at the moment
probably is via overpass API.  For high volume tags you need to process
the history planet.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/