[OSM-talk] OpenStreetMap Carto release v2.42.0

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Wed Aug 24 23:44:28 UTC 2016

On 8/24/2016 5:25 AM, Dave F wrote:
> Hi
>
> Has label positioning with irregular polygons been improved? If so, it
> works very well:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/51.3166/-2.1700

I don't think we've made any changes there. It could be something else
that has changed in the data. We actually don't have anything to do with
label positioning algorithms beyond a couple basic options, the details
are handled by Mapnik.

> Is there a list of your emails regarding changes. As an end user I
> don't find the 'full list of commits' particularly easy to understand.

If you're talking about past releases, there is no list of emails. We've
had https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/1430 open
for generating a changelog but haven't decided what action to take.