[OSM-talk] Without an address, an Icelandic tourist drew this map of the intended location (Búðardalur) and surroundings on the envelope. The postal service delivered!

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Tue Aug 30 15:03:39 UTC 2016

Warning: flame thread about to start.

El tirsdag 30. august 2016 16.50.14 CEST Oleksiy Muzalyev escribió:
> It is clear that in Iceland there are street signs. However, a growing
> number of people on Earth is living in slums [1] or slum-like areas,
> where a classical system of addresses from the 19th century is not
> affordable.

Oh for fucks sake. Tell me what's not affordable about spray-painting letters
on the sides of buildings?

> The majority of people do not have any addresses and will
> never have them, unless something better is invented, - a
> robust universal system based on physical laws.

That's a huge false dichotomy. You're implying that there is *one* *only* way
to improve un-addresable dwellings.

> Sometimes dwellers may have smartphones but not addresses.

And sometimes they have names of things in paper maps and street signs, but no
power. Duh.

</flame>

--
Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es> <ivan at geonerd.org>