[OSM-talk] This is an auto-generated note from MAPS.ME application:

Michał Brzozowski www.haxor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:33:52 UTC 2016

The thing is: I follow changeset discussions in Poland regularly.. I
am yet to find a MAPS.ME user responding to a changeset comment (OK,
there was one person I can barely remember quite a while ago).
I really don't know what I'm missing. These people had to somehow
validate their e-mail address and yet nobody responded? You can't even
disable notifications on osm.org. Maybe alternative login methods
(Google, Facebook) have something to do with this?

On top of that there's usual misunderstanding of notes/POI being
personal bookmarks. In Poland I often encounter such notes written in
Ukrainian and sometimes Russian. I guess this is due to MAPS.ME origin
and its apparent popularity in the "Cyrillic-sphere".

The problem has to be resolved at the source. On top of the UX changes
required, there should be a provision for the app authors to "soft
ban" uncooperative app users by themselves (or potentially restrict
some buggy versions, see the name:xx issue). Both mappers' and DWG
time is precious.

Michał