[OSM-talk] Mozambique's living streets

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 01:56:52 UTC 2016

>Doesn't that feel like Africa already ?   dunno never been there.  It's
-13c tonight and -25c coming up shortly.  There is white stuff on the
ground.

> width and lanes keys could be used to provide info about smaller streets.
Pierre you're talking sense again.

I think we have highlighted the issue and that's really all we can do.
There is a difference between a local mapper with a tape measure and an
armchair mapper mapping from imagery for the first time without reading any
instructions but I can't put my finger on the critical difference.

I think we need boots on the ground to identify alleyways and very narrow
highways and Pierre's suggestion of them using width and lane tags makes a
lot of sense.

Thank you both for your thoughts.  If its currently warmer than -25c over
there I'm very tempted to pick up my tape measure and pop over to measure a
few street widths.

Cheerio John