[OSM-talk] Arabic script at default OSM.org map style

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Fri Dec 16 13:16:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm one of the developers of osm-carto (default OSM.org map style).
Recently we're trying to improve text rendering, especially for
non-western scripts. However we're not sure which font to use for arabic
labels, because we're not familiar with it, and we're looking for more
input on this topic.

If you can read that script, please take a look at this ticket:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/pull/2496

and tell us which font looks the best for you.

Some rendering previews are available, including the resulting size,
which may be also important factor for readability.

--
"A dragon lives forever but not so little boys" [L. Lipton]