[OSM-talk] Building Detection using Machine Learning

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 00:10:31 UTC 2016

Do we have any guidelines in the wiki etc?

I'm not intending doing any but the topic has come up once or twice and has
currently been raised in the HOT mailing list.

I'm almost certain that as the accuracy improves so the topic will come up
again and we should at least have some guidelines in the wiki about it if
they aren't already there.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Cheerio John

Quote from the HOT mailing list.

> These are the results of a test I ran on project 2101 (Rongo, Kenya -
PMI/USAID) on 1 November 2016. These images show the buildings detected by
the algorithm on the first six unstarted tasks from the project. Potential
buildings are marked with green rectangles:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hot-osm-ml-test-data/2101_4.png
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hot-osm-ml-test-data/2101_5.png
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hot-osm-ml-test-data/2101_9.png
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hot-osm-ml-test-data/2101_12.png