[OSM-talk] Wiki TagList and TagKey/exists templates

Fran├žois Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 13:36:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm seeking information about the TagKey/exists template which is currently
rolled out on several wiki pages.

We use to use the Tag template which adapts the link color whether the
corresponding page exists or not.
Why have we to add the "exists" key word? I find this redundant although an
existing page will rarely disappear.

In the same time, the TagList template provide less redundant information
by using taginfo database.
Prior to use this template, we should create every value pages distinctly
to allow TagInfo to get according description and picture.
This template was added yesterday to this page :
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:substation and the first table
removal was reverted.
Why ?

If a new colour scheme is preferred than the simpler {{Tag}} one, how can
we adapt TagList tables to look similar ?

Thanks in advance for any answer, all the best

Fran├žois