[OSM-talk] Beware Pokemon users

Tobias Zwick osm at westnordost.de
Sat Dec 31 14:06:45 UTC 2016

To have a gamified way to contribute to OSM was my original idea for
StreetComplete[1]. There should be leaderboards, badges/achievements
and different stats, also different quest givers/categories each with
own pictures (like i.e. on WikiMapia), a possibility to form teams and
compete with each other for "dominance" (=contributing most) in cities.

So the game itself would (still) be to directly contribute to OSM itself
but I think this is a good enough basis for a gamey app.

For StreetComplete, it currently develops more into the direction of a
surveyor app, but only because I want to get the basics working first,
so everything is no-frills.

Tobias

[1] see https://github.com/westnordost/StreetComplete