[OSM-talk] Winter Road Closures

David Jenne dasdjenne at comcast.net
Sat Feb 27 15:56:49 UTC 2016

Martin,

Thank you for pointing out that tagging choice, and I added it to the road. And I appreciate the input from the other mappers.

I’m hoping to get back up there this year and then more precisely locate the extent of the restrictions.

-Dave

you can tag this with conditional access, like

vehicle:conditional=no @ winter

there's syntax for dates etc. in the wiki

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Conditional_restrictions

the problem with seasonal=yes is that you don't know what it means, there are also winter roads only usable in the winter, eg over lakes or in wetlands. Other seasonal roads become ski routes in the winter ;-)

cheers,

Martin