[OSM-talk] Abandoned buildings

John Doe theguestone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 12:51:56 UTC 2016

The problem is not mine; i'm just searching a solution for casual/potential
OSM users.
Fot example i mapped some really interesting abandoned old house (in
italian i mean "villa" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa), currently
not yet recognized as historical heritage, that is object of study of
researchers in my native city; a student or researcher or just a curious
can be interested to search one of these places; on openstreetmap.org (the
well known OSM reference) they can't so there is an high probability that
they will use "other maps".
Nominatim is not a general purpose OSM search API (overpass however is), it
is built around the notion of creating address hierarchies of (correct) OSM
data for the purpose of geocoding and reverse geocoding. It has some
support for interesting POIs, but abandoned buildings are not really of
general interest.

In any case I'm not quite sure what your issue with using overpass is?

Simon