[OSM-talk] Is there a OSM map viewer program to dynamically view OSM data?

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Fri Jan 8 12:43:44 UTC 2016

W dniu 08.01.2016 12:57, Marc Zoutendijk napisał(a):

> As the developer of openpoimap [1] I have thought about that but
> skipped the idea soon.
> It would mean that you should have a checkbox for EVERY possible key
> in the OSM database. There are about 50.000 different keys!
> Where do I put all those 50.000 checkboxes?

It's impossible, of course, and your solution (typical categories + user
defined) is good, but I think you could look at nested menus in JOSM
(which I'm familiar with) to have more of POIs available at hand.
OpenPOImap has 25 ready shop filters, while JOSM just added new
subcategories and now there is 8 of them with items inside (79 shop
types in total), so there is still some space for improvement.

--
"Завтра, завтра всё кончится!" [Ф. Достоевский]