[OSM-talk] Proposal to close newbies@ list

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 07:38:41 UTC 2016

In Belgium and The Netherlands, there are people that try to contact
every new mapper via a personal message. This message includes a list
of sources where the mapper can ask for help. The message is in the
language of the mapper (Dutch or French). Belgian mappers get informed
about the Belgian mailing list, The Dutch mappers about the forum.

Many newbies are better served by a local mailing list/forum, in their
own language (although this is sometimes a problem in a country with 3
official languages like Belgium).

regards