[OSM-talk] Applicability of wiki tagging and votes: may, should or must

David Marchal penegal at live.fr
Thu Jan 28 19:16:38 UTC 2016

Hello, there.On a GitHub issue (https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/issues/2027#issuecomment-174443685), I've been told that Wiki tagging votes are only advisory and that the community is only invited, neither required nor recommended, to follow them. As I understand this comment, the community MAY follow the Wiki tagging or votes, it does not SHOULD nor MUST follow them. I was under the impression that the community at least SHOULD apply the votes results, MUST looking unenforceable due to the free tagging principle. Am I wrong on that? What is the applicability of the Wiki content?Hoping my question isn't too trivial,Regards.