[OSM-talk] School project Ghana

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Wed Jul 6 08:50:40 UTC 2016

On 05/07/16 23:28, Alert Bouterse wrote:

> Open Street Maps Ghana is looking for educational material like
> (prinable / ofline) workbooks to educate children on JHS and SHS
> schools. ...

Hello Alert Bouterse,

The official language in Ghana is English [1], so here are some books in
English:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Books

http://stevecoast.com/2015/11/05/the-book-of-osm-now-available/

You may buy a copy of each, read, and see if it is suitable as a
textbook. I just mapped a couple of buildings in the town of Tarkwa, a
centre of gold mining and manganese mining, in Ghana. There is an
excellent satellite imagery for this town and many good buildings are
not mapped yet. So students can also do a valuable work of mapping as a
practical part of a course.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana

Best regards,

Oleksiy