[OSM-talk] OSM usage violation

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Jul 11 21:18:37 UTC 2016

Hans,

On 07/11/2016 11:03 PM, Hans De Kryger wrote:
>  Not satisfied with that answer. The dude didn't get it.

Well you could have made it clearer ;) his license text is wrong,
mentions CC-BY-SA when the data is clearly ODbL.

I'd suggest something like:

"Dear X, I am a member of the OpenStreetMap community that creates all
the data you're showing on your map. We let you have this data free of
charge, but in return we ask for proper attribution that makes it clear
to the users of your app that the data comes from us. Other cycle maps
on the web present OSM directly on the map page, for example
http://cycle.travel/map and http://opencyclemap.org/. We respectfully
ask that you acknowledge us as your data source on the main map also,
and not hidden in a menu. Also, your acknowledgement still mentions the
CC-BY-SA license which we don't use for our data any more, it is the
ODbL nowadays."

Bye
Frederik