[OSM-talk] What3words

Jóhannes Birgir Jensson joi at betra.is
Tue Jul 12 11:04:59 UTC 2016

I don't know if they are using the English version in Mongolia but I
doubt it. You can already swap to 8 other languages on their website
(top right option).

I did discuss Icelandic with Mapillary and they looked into available
word sets and concluded that it was more than sufficient to make Iceland
itself work in an Icelandic w3w implementation.

The circle-jerk is strong here about w3w, they have a human readable
solution for GPS-coordinates (which OPL isn't sadly), they've pledged to
offer the source code if their business goes belly-up and seem to doing
a lot of good things. I'm slightly perplexed at the extent of vitriol
they suffer here.

--JBJ

Þann 12.07.2016 08:11, Janko Mihelić reit: