[OSM-talk] Mapping Klong Toey Slums

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Fri Jul 15 15:11:17 UTC 2016

Dear Mishari,

If you plan borrowing a drone for filming in an urban area, I would
advise to obtain first a small trainer quad-copter and fly it
extensively in an open remote area to develop some flying experience and
piloting instincts. Most of crashes are caused by an avoidable pilot
error, - you may read about it at the DJI Phantom forum:
http://forum.dji.com/forum-68-1.html

There is a Wikipedia article on the whole Klong Toey
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khlong_Toei_District> district. You may
then add ground and oblique aerial images & videos to this article's
Wikimedia category and even to the article itself, and add a wikipedia &
wikidata tags to the OSM map. So there will be better understanding of
what situated where, how it looks in general, what is a 3D layout, etc.

Here are some examples of aerial photos and videos which I filmed for
Wikipedia articles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyon_Castle (video is on the article page)
and an oblique aerial photo:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/Nyon-Castle-aerial-3.jpg