[OSM-talk] highway=crossing tags removed in changeset.

BenoƮt Barteaux witoomard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 13:36:06 UTC 2016

On 19/07/16 15:26, Dave F wrote:
> On 19/07/2016 14:01, Greg Morgan wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 5:38 AM, Dave F <davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Because it's wrong with what's in the real world. I'm proposing to
>>> revert this changeset & then ask on Talk-gb if those local to the
>>> amendments can clarify what is the correct tagging to use.
>> NO!  I am putting the emphasis on the bullying that is going on in the
>> community under the guise of correctness.
>
> I'm struggling to see how asking for other's opinions could be
> regarded as bullying. I'm endeavouring to make the OSM database as
> accurate as possible. When I see edits that make it worse I will query
> it. That's not bullying,

I suppose that reverting a changeset could be seen as "insulting" or
demotivating. To me, a better approach would simply be to let it go (why
waste some time on thirty nodes ?), or if you want correct-it yourself.

IMHO, going on a war that could result in the original author loosing
his motivation is far worse than maybe putting wrong information on 24
nodes. I mean: there are far worse errors in OSM that this.

Best,

B.B.