[OSM-talk] Uber most likely using OSM data

Frank Villaro-Dixon frank at villaro-dixon.eu
Wed Jul 27 13:45:06 UTC 2016

The best thing would be to use the Uber API to receive the route instead,
so we could compare the lat/lon of the points with the ones stored in db.
But it seems that this API returns an image instead:
https://developer.uber.com/docs/rides/api/v1-requests-map

So we could instead use the "estimates-price" api:
https://developer.uber.com/docs/rides/api/v1-estimates-price
which returns a distance. This distance should match the OSM distance.
Could this be right ?

Cheers

On 16-07-27 16:40:54, Mishari Muqbil, wrote 2.3K characters saying:
>Hi Martin,
>
>On Android you request a car, select the destination and the blue route
>preview line appears.
>
>On Jul 27, 2016 4:29 PM, "Martin Koppenhoefer" <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
>wrote:

>>> Interesting analysis .I guess this needs a second look.
>>

>> +1, I would like to do my own testing, how did you create the routes? (Is
>> this Android/iOS/windows/web)?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Martin

frank.villaro-dixon.eu       - PGP: 6F36914A
Envie d'électricité 100% verte ? Enercoop.fr
What is a Velomobile ?   www.sans-essence.eu