[OSM-talk] Mobile businesses

Éric Gillet gill3t.3ric+osm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 20:27:06 UTC 2016

> Locally we're seeing the demise of the local bicycle store with its
> mechanic but there are a least two cycle mechanics operating out of mobile
> workshops.  You ring or  contact them via the Internet.
>
> Knowing that many in OSM indulge in cycling I'm wondering if they should
> be included in the map and is there is some way of adding them to the map,
> perhaps a tag on the city name?

If they have a "brick and mortar" store, map the store, witth maybe
delivery=yes (or more suitable tag) to mean that they are also mobile.

If they have fixed stops with stable schedules, I would map the stops as a
shop=bicycle with opening_hours=* and a description/note to explain why the
"shop" is not present out of opening_hours.

If the bike shops intervene on-demand only, I think their presence is too
abstract to map them in OSM.